Food Blogger Pro
325: Bilingual Blogging – How Alejandra Graf Shares Recipes on Her Blog in English and Spanish
Using a plugin to blog in multiple languages, strategically growing your team, and maximizing your productivity with Alejandra Graf from BrownSugar&Vanilla.
Welcome to episode 325 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork interviews Alejandra Graf from BrownSugar&Vanilla about how she shares recipes on her blog in both English and Spanish.
We’re so excited to share this episode with Alejandra with you today! Her story is really fascinating, and the way that she shares content is a bit unique compared to other content creators.
After immigrating to the United States from Mexico, she launched her food blog, BrownSugar&Vanilla, where she shares family-friendly vegan recipes. But she also has another version of her site called Piloncillo&Vainilla where she shares all the same recipes — but in Spanish!
In this episode, you’ll learn how she uses a plugin to share content in both languages, how the traffic compares on the two versions of her blog, and more. It’s a really fascinating, inspiring interview that demonstrates the unique ways you can share content with different audiences.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Alejandra immigrated to the United States
- What led her to launch her blog
- How she started sharing recipes in both Spanish and English
- How she determines what content will resonate with which part of her audience
- How the traffic compares on the English vs. the Spanish side of her blog
- How she runs ads on her site
- Which plugin she uses to share content in both languages
- How she strategically grew her team
- How she earns revenue from her site
- How she gets sponsored content work
- How she uses the Pomodoro Method to maximize her productivity
- The Fire Starter Sessions
- The WordPress Multilingual Plugin
- Google Translate
- Pinch of Yum Income and Traffic Reports
- Johanna B. Voss Agency
- 322: Going All In – How Sarah Cook Went From 17k to 600k Monthly Pageviews
- Follow Alejandra on Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Check out the Food Blogger Pro YouTube channel (and subscribe while you’re there!)
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to email@example.com.
Learn more about joining the Food Blogger Pro community at foodbloggerpro.com/membership
333: Serving Your Audience – How Emma Duckworth Doubled Her Pageviews by Focusing on SEOImproving your food photography skills, getting a cookbook deal, and focusing on SEO with Emma Duckworth from Emma Duckworth Bakes. ----- Welcome to episode 333... Read more
332: Featured Podcast – Strategically Monetizing Your Food Blog with Bjork on the Eat, Capture, Share PodcastTransitioning to full-time blogging, leaning into your strengths, and following your own path as an entrepreneur with Bjork Ostrom. ----- Welcome to episode 332 of... Read more
331: Building Community – How Abbey Rodriguez Founded and Grew Tastemaker ConferenceFounding a food blogging conference, getting brands involved with a conference, and building community around events with Abbey Rodriguez, founder of Tastemaker Conference. ----- Welcome... Read more
330: Honing Your Craft – How Ana Zelić Improved Her Food Photography Skills and Got Her Debut Cookbook DealGrowing a blog with a full-time job, taking photography courses, and getting a cookbook deal with Ana Zelić from Ana's Baking Chronicles. ----- Welcome to... Read more
329: Social Media Strategy – Creating a Content Plan, Growing Your Following, and Diversifying Your Platforms with Andrea BalogunRepurposing content for different social media platforms, growing your email list, and using systems and tools to grow your business with Andrea Balogun from Balogun... Read more
328: Hosting Events – How Liz Della Croce Plans and Runs Successful Food Blogger RetreatsHosting food blogger retreats, diversifying your income streams, and capitalizing on your strengths with Liz Della Croce from The Lemon Bowl. ----- Welcome to episode... Read more
327: Understanding the Google Algorithm – Tracking Google Updates and Analyzing Traffic Drops with Casey MarkeeUnderstanding Google updates, effectively using Google Search Console, and getting the most out of ads on a food blog with Casey Markee from Media Wyse.... Read more